The Foundation offers:
- Four year scholarships
- Your choice of 17 Archdiocesan high schools
- Personal Academic Counselor to monitor your goals and track your success
- Summer educational opportunities at prestigious universities (Notre Dame, Boston College, Harvard, Georgetown, Thomas Jefferson, Worcester Polytechnic Institute and Drexel just to name a few)
Each year approximately 35 four year scholarships for attendance at an Archdiocesan high school are offered to students who excel in the scholarship test given in October at Archdiocesan high schools located in each of the five counties: Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery.
Eligibility: Letters of invitation to sit for the Neumann Scholars Test are sent by elementary school principals to eligible students who meet the following criteria:
- Attended a parish/regional elementary school for the entire 7th grade academic year
- Currently attend a parish/regional school located in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Achieved a National Percentile (NP) Total Score of 90 or above OR a Cognitive Skills Index (CSI) of 120 or above in the 6th grade Terra Nova Test*
- Achieved a final general average of 92.0 or above in the second semester of 7th grade*
- Have a strong desire to attend an Archdiocesan high school
- Complete the application process by the stated deadline
- Submit an optional essay to your principal by the stated deadline (please confirm with your school principal if they require the essay)*
*Due to COVID-19 these eligibility requirements have been adjusted for 2020 only.
PLEASE NOTE: This offer of four year scholarships provides for attendance at one of 17 Archdiocesan high schools only. The offer does not extend to private Catholic high schools situated in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia .