Initiated in 1995, this scholarship program identifies academically talented eighth grade students in the parochial school system through an independently administered competitive examination and provides four year scholarships to attend one of seventeen Archdiocesan high schools.
- 900 eligible eighth grade students, on average, compete for this scholarship, representing 112 parochial grade schools in five counties
- 35 eighth grade students who excel on the Neumann Scholars exam will be awarded four-year scholarships to the Archdiocesan high school of their choice
- 127 Neumann Scholars currently attend Archdiocesan high schools
The Neumann Scholars Program is respected and recognized by prestigious colleges and universities locally and nationally, and the students are actively recruited.
Accomplishments since the program's inception affirm the high academic caliber of its 948 graduates to date:
- 100% college acceptance and attendance
- $183.6 million offered in college scholarships
- 118 National Merit Finalists
- 4 National Merit Semi-Finalists
- 233 National Merit Commended Students
- 5 National Merit Achievement Students
- Average SAT score of 1385 and a high score of 1600 (combined math and critical reading)